Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School Plans



The used curriculum sales have come and gone. But it seems I bought the things I needed prior to the big sale. It was fun while it lasted but it was so good to know I already had the meaty stuff for our school year already purchased.
You tend to feel this way when there is a line of women waiting for the doors to be opened and then everyone rushes in. There are so many people looking over the subject tables that you can't hardly squeeze in especially with a double stroller by your side. Imagine women picking up curriculum left and right and all you can do is see the item you thought you wanted get put in someone's bag who got there before you did.
"I didn't really need that," was my consolation.

So what did I buy for next school year? Well, lets see....


  1. 1st grade Rod and Staff Beginning Arithmetic 1 (TM, both student workbooks,and speed drills) All I need are the blacklines.

  2. 2nd grade Rod and Staff Math and English(the whole set)Not for this coming year, but it was such a bargain that I bought them since I would have to next year.

  3. 3rd grade Rod and Staff Math TM and Student Text and English TM and Student Text

  4. 4th grade Rod and Staff English Student Text. Not for this year, but free is a good price.

  5. 5th grade Rod and Staff English TM and Student Text.

  6. Milliken books

  7. 3rd grade Zoner Bloser Spelling Text

  8. Zaner Bloser Handwriting Manuscript/Cursive

  9. Saxon 65 (TM, Student Text, and Dive CD)

  10. DK My Amazing Human Body CD

  11. A civil war book, Alphabet Makers, a spelling drill CD, flashcards, My State Notebook from Abeka for our study of Tennessee, and a few other misc. items.

I'll be using Weaver again for next year's social studies/history, Bible, and science. Though I still need to get 5th grader's spelling, I've pretty much got it covered. I think. :o)

So have you gone shopping for your school next year? What was your favorite item? Please tell me- don't keep me in suspense!

I think mine would have to be the Rod and Staff purchases (Can't you tell I've overdosed?) But the friend who sold me the Saxon, offered me the Dive Cd for an outstanding price and I almost passed it up. I finally came to my senses when I realized teaching math next year might be more than I can handle. So 10 yr. old will be getting up to his Saxon Dive Cd and after he gets taught the lesson can get on with his math, while I teach 8yr. old and 6 yr. old 1st and 3rd grade math.

Homeschool aspirations are the thing daydreams are made of these days.



2 comments:

HyggeMomma said...

Oh if I could only pick your brain. I just began using Weaver and was under the impression I would supplement everything except math, as it turns out I may need more. I have grade 1,2,4 & preK. I really need help and the time is here......

Linda said...

The time is definitely just about here. :O) I'm not sure what you mean by supplement everything except math. Weaver is a great curriculum and we had lots of fun with it. The ages you have are perfect for it. So pick my brain...what's your questions about? I'll try to help though we've moved on to something that worked better for my older children.

Sincerely,
Linda