Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Happenings (Dear Journal Letters)

Dear Journal,

Summer seems to be flying by! We haven't done much except for swim in our pool and go to the library summer reading program shows every Wednesday.
We've been out of school since early June but I have spent a lot of thought since then on our new school year coming up. We switched math for 1st -3rd grade so I've been making sure I have everything needed.
The children are bored and I feel like sometimes I'm a constant referree, especially for the two older boys.
The boys were able to go flying a week or two ago with the EAA Young Eagles program. Each had a chance to fly for about 20 minutes in a small airplane and talk to the pilot, ask questions, etc. It was a great experience for them. (I don't think we could afford them that experience anytime soon.)
They don't realize how good they have it. God has blessed them so much. July 20th they will be attending a history camp full of boy fun and living history from Creation to present. (And this a gift from a good friend.)

All this living causes me- no forces me to alter my life. I see a constant need during summer break from school to manage my time and space better and yet I have trouble with this.
So many thoughts this summer, so little time...

Sincerely,

2 comments:

Dani V. said...

You could do some school during the summer you know. That might help keep the kids from being bored. You could simply make summer more laid back but keep on teaching some stuff. It helps keep the kids from forgetting what they learned as well.

Linda said...

I've thought about that Dani, but I like the break just as much as my kids. I think this summer seemed longer than usual because we took a 3 week break in April after I had the baby, then resumed for about 2-3 weeks and ended for summer. It's a good idea though, and I have several friends who do this.
Plus it seems my boys are growing up and adjusting to growing boys isn't always easy as of late.
I like to use summer as a very laid back time where we swim, spend plenty of time with each other and go to a few places here and there. (My little ones need this since once school starts they don't get as much of me.)

Sincerely,
Linda